We are looking for motivated, customer focused individuals to join our team!
Start your career as a Pest Control Technician in our 5-week comprehensive PAID TRAINING program designed to provide the tools and resources for you to be one of the best in your field – no prior experience required! Once in an established route, this role offers flexible scheduling and ownership of the customer accounts you service.
In addition to joining a Fortune 500 organization, you will be eligible for health benefits Day 1 and access to a suite of additional benefits including paid parental leave, select discounted childcare resources, education benefits and more!
What’s in it For You:
- Enjoy a paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals
- Receive a company service vehicle for business use
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path in service, sales, or management
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage a monthly schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Grow your income as you drive growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
- To be eligible for the sign on bonus, candidates must not have worked for Ecolab in any capacity in the previous 12 months
What You Will Do:
As a Pest Control Technician, you will be responsible for working with a variety of customers in the hospitality industry and other commercial businesses. By providing quality services and identifying solutions to pest problems you’ll help our customers to protect their brand and support their success.
- Establish effective working relationships with a variety of customers and partner with them on best practices to identify and solve pest problems.
- Keep abreast of Ecolab’s product/service offerings and industry conditions, to enhance service and sales of pest prevention/elimination solutions.
- Use handheld computerized equipment to manage service and document structural, sanitation and pest issues.
- This position is classified as heavy work
- Route territory will include: Lexington, KY
- Work week and shift: Nights
- Compensation package offered: $42000-$52000 / year + $3000 sign on bonus
As an Industry leader, it is no surprise Ecolab offers a world class training program designed to provide the tools and resources for you to be one of the best in your field. During your training program, you will be required to travel to Ecolab Corporate Headquarters in Saint Paul, Minnesota for 1 of the 5 weeks. Travel to Saint Paul will be on Week 3. The remaining weeks will be in-field training. Ecolab will arrange and pay for your travel and certain travel related expenses.
This position requires successful completion of the 5-week in-field and classroom training program to maintain employment.
- Possess High School diploma/GED
- Minimum two years work or military experience
- Possess a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable motor vehicle record, and drive and maintain a company vehicle and equipment in clean and proper operating condition.
- Must be able to work an overnight/graveyard shift
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Willingness to be on-call during off work hours and weekends as necessary
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Must have the ability Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 50 pounds chest high.
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions. Must also be comfortable climbing ladders.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, use hands to finger, balancing, walking, standing, talk and hear.
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator
- Possess or able to obtain required pest certification and/or business licensing pursuant to country or state/local law
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to sell value-added products to existing customers
- Previous pest elimination industry or route experience preferred
About Ecolab Pest Elimination:
Our Pest Elimination team proudly serves our communities and customers by safeguarding public health, food safety and property from the damaging effects of pests. Focused exclusively on commercial pest solutions, we deliver science-based expertise and cutting-edge innovation to solve the industry’s most complex pest challenges. By partnering with our customers in these markets, you can be part of a team that helps protect facilities, employees, and brands at a time when it’s more important than ever
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab. All applicants should be aware that Ecolab is a federal contractor. If the federal contractor vaccine mandate is reinstated in its current form, all Ecolab employees will need to be vaccinated, or have an approved religious or medical accommodation in place.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.